“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”
The Onceler, in The Lorax by Dr. Seuss
Points to Ponder
- Should giving to the poor be “required”?
- How can we responsibly help those around us in “the Lord’s way”? And just what is “the Lord’s way”?
- What is our duty to administer to the poor, including those poor in friendship / education / love / acceptance / knowledge / experience / testimony?
- What does it mean to “remember the poor” in the same way that we “remember Christ”?
- What does it mean to “consecrate” offerings to the poor? How does the Giver of the Gift also become holy by giving?
Material Shared in Class
Selected quotes by Mother Teresa: